Premiership Pin Campaign volunteer PD
Position description - Ladder Premiership Pin volunteer
Ladder supports young people aged 16-25 who are at risk or experiencing homelessness. Ladder provides programs and opportunities to young people to help them transition into independent living.
Ladder believes a young person’s early life experience does not define their future. Every young person should be given an opportunity to reach their true potential. Ladder focuses on a young person’s assets, talents, resources and abilities. This philosophy provides an environment for young people to thrive
On any given night there are over 44,000 homeless young people in Australia. We are calling on all members of the AFL community to buy a pin and help us change the number.
The concept is that ‘0’ is the only number of homeless young people that Australia should be okay with.
Getting to 0 may seem like an overwhelming task, however every generous donation that is made helps Ladder change this number and get young people back on their feet.
About the role
We are proud to announce that Ladder is the official charity of the 2017 Toyota AFL Finals Series and we are embarking on our biggest Finals campaign to date.
We will be selling an official Premiership Cup Pin for $5 at Finals games in September.
Importantly, 100% of profits from pin sales will go directly back into Ladder programs.
Join other like-minded volunteers for a few hours at the start of finals games and with your friendly attitude, approach spectators on their way to the game to purchase a pin.
The dates and venues are:
Thursday 7 September, 4.30-7.30pm, Adelaide Oval
Friday 8 September, 5.00-8.00pm, Melbourne Cricket Ground
Saturday 9 September, 1.30-4.30pm, Sydney Cricket Ground
Saturday 9 September, 4.30-7.30pm, Adelaide Oval
Friday 15 September, 5.00-7.00pm, Melbourne Cricket Ground
Saturday 16 September, 4.30-7.30pm, Spotless Stadium
Friday 22 September, 4.30-7.30pm, Adelaide Oval
Saturday 23 September, 2.00-4.00pm, Melbourne Cricket Ground
Saturday 30 September, 12.00-2.00pm, Melbourne Cricket Ground
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Able to sell merchandise and solicit donations
- Engage with the general public in an approachable manner
- Handle money and merchandise
- Have basic calculation skills (i.e. provide the correct amount of change)
- Answer relevant queries in an appropriate manner
- Report to team leader promptly, should any issue arise
- Able to carry out additional tasks on the day/night as required
- An ability to engage and develop rapport with the general public
- Respect for all people, regardless of age, culture or disability
- Be comfortable working in fast paced, crowded, loud environments
- Able to carry out tasks independently but also work in a team environment
- Experience in customer relations is desirable
- Complete mandatory online induction and training prior to applying (duration: approximately 15 minutes)
- Commit to approximately three hours of volunteering on the game day you requested
- Be able to work on your feet for an extended period of time (length of the shift)