Meet the Western Bulldog's Emma Kearney
Emma Kearney is a Western Bulldogs priority pick player, star midfield for Melbourne University VFL side and Ladder supporter. She will run out tonight in the red, white and blue just days after finishing up the WBBL season where she plays with the Melbourne Stars. Emma has been a great support of Ladder, always willing to assist and advocate for our work.
1. What does it mean to you to be playing in the inaugural AFLW competition?
It's super special to me and it's definitely something I'll reflect back on with fond memories. It's a proud moment for everyone involved.
2. What is/ was your day job outside of the AFL?
Secondary school teacher
3. What have you found most challenging about being an AFL player?
The physical demand of the game, tiring you out.
4. What do you do to relax?
I'm terrible at relaxing, but going out for food with friends
5. What would be your advice to a young person who is struggling to get motivated? [in terms of exercise, work and study etc].
Find something you're passionate about and run with it. Always ask people for help when you're struggling
6. Who has been a mentor in your life and what did you take from this relationship?
My PE teachers. They didn't take life too seriously and always had time for a laugh.
7. Why do you support Ladder, and its work tackling youth homelessness?
No one should be homeless but particularly youths. As a teacher I'm passionate about making lives better and ladder is a fantastic organization that helps mentor young adults to become better people and to succeed in life.
The match between Western Bulldogs and Fremantle Dockers starts at 7:40pm at Whitten Oval. It will also be live-to-air on Channel 7 and Fox Footy.
Hear Emma speak about her selection to the Western Bulldogs here http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-09-02/emma-kearney-lucky-to-be-a-bulldogBack…