Ladder Step Up Latrobe Valley
The Ladder Step Up Latrobe Valley program helps young people build on their strengths and explore different jobs and industries.
In the six-week program, young people will learn from those in the AFL industry about how to get the best out of themselves and secure a job that they aspire to. Young people will participate in individual and group development sessions, group camps, community projects and have work experience opportunities.
In addition to the support young people will receive from a Ladder Development Coach, they will also have the option to be mentored by someone who is a leader in their field.
To be eligible for the program, the young person needs to be:
- Aged between 16-25
- Living within the Latrobe Valley
- Interested in getting job ready and stepping up to a challenge
- Ready to explore new opportunities
What will you get out of it?
At the end of the program, you will have:
- Met new people and built good relationships
- Connected with and learnt from leaders from the AFL industry
- Identified your strengths and improved in areas you struggle with
- Developed new skills that will help you succeed
- Completed work experience or job tasters of interest
How to sign up for the program
It's simple - just complete the expression of interest form here
Registrations can come from anyone in the community - agencies, a family member or friend, a coach or young people can self-register.
Please complete the form and return in person to 19-21 Church Street, Morwell or email to referralLV@ladder.org.au
Youth Advocacy Group (YAG)
The Ladder Youth Advocacy Group (YAG) is a crucial part of the Ladder Step Up Latrobe Valley program. Ladder is committed to youth participation and making sure that young people have a say in how the program is run. This ensures that the program is relevant and meeting the needs of young people.
To find out more about what's involved in being a YAG member, view the position description here
If you are a young person, or you know a young person who would be interested in joining the YAG, contact Fiona on 0438 254 781 or send an email to infoLV@ladder.org.au
How the community can support
There are many ways that community members can support - both individually and through their businesses. Find out more at the links below.
- Refer a young person to the program. Find out here and complete the expression of interest form here
- Get your organisation/ business involved. Find out how here.
- Become a mentor. Find out how here.
Get in touch
We would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Please email infoLV@ladder.org.au, call 0438 254 781 or visit us at 19-21 Church Street, Morwell.